COVID 19 PREPAREDNESS AT OUR CLINIC
March 10, 2020
As health care providers, your chiropractic and massage therapy healthcare team share in the increasing global concern about COVID-19. We want you to know we are taking the situation very seriously. As a doctor, I rely on information which is scientifically proven and medically backed and, accordingly, are closely monitoring and adhering to the advice given by public health officials.
Our commitment to putting the health and safety of our patients and staff first is unwavering. We have always taken pride in the cleanliness of our clinics and we would like to advise you of some of the risk mitigation measures we are taking to help protect you and the community during this time:
- Continuing the sanitization processes for all medical equipment, tools and treatment tables after each individual use
- Continuing and increasing sanitization protocols to all clinic touchpoints including, but not limited to, door handles, desks, display units, and payment terminals
- Inserting sanitizer dispensers at points where you may touch door handles
- Spreading out visit times to minimize contact with others
- Removing and spacing out waiting room chairs to allow for social distancing. During this time, we also ask patients to arrive as close to their appointment as possible to limit time spent in common areas.
- Removing all magazines from our waiting rooms
- Continuing to follow safe hygiene practices
Further, every treatment room is isolated (as opposed to other rehab or physio clinics with open treatment rooms). As a result, any possible interaction with other patients is greatly limited.
If you have an upcoming appointment at one of our clinics and are experiencing a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or have travelled or been in contact with individuals who have travelled outside of Canada, we request that for everyone’s safety you contact our team by phone or email to reschedule your appointment. Please be advised that ignoring these guidelines could result in refusal of treatment upon arrival.
BC Health Services Authority has valuable information and recommendations to follow which you can access through the following link: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19
As the situation continues to evolve, please be assured that we will be constantly reassessing and adapting our processes to adhere to the latest updates and health guidelines. If you have any questions and/or concerns, you can email us, submit a request online or give us a call.
For information on safe hygiene practices we are providing the following Health Canada link for your convenience: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks.html
We hope you’ll find it of use.
Stay Safe and Healthy,
Dr. Gordon Gertz
Pacific Chiropractic and Massage Therapy